Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On Did You Know 4.0



Did You Know 4.0 asks, "Are you ready for the future?" I'm not sure the future particularly cares if you're ready for it or not, so it's nice of this video to ask.

Few of these numbers greatly shock me -- for instance, I followed the 2008 presidential election closely, and thought then-candidate Obama's online fund raising success vs. John McCain's traditional (read: antiquated) methods was just more evidence that one of those guys was looking forward and the other, well, not so much. I followed tweeting protesters during the aftermath of the Iranian elections, marking the first time a.) I've ever followed tweets or b.) there was any use whatsoever in following tweets.

On the other hand: 2 million teevees in bathrooms?! I suppose, given the population sample, this isn't a totally outrageous percentage, but it does go to show that I often have no idea what's going on in this country. Who are these people? Do they run coaxial cable to their bathrooms? Is that a thing that electricians do in new homes? (Me, I still read the newspaper -- as recently as this morning, to answer the video's rhetorical question and provide blog readers with too much information.)

And since data convergence is the topic at hand, I can't help but evaluate the reference to countless extant webpages and hours of youtube video in context of this little nugget:
"90% of the 200 billion emails sent daily are spam."

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not sure the future particularly cares if you're ready for it or not, so it's nice of this video to ask. " A good one! Had me laughing out loud!

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete